Cinematic Capture in a Compact, Streamlined Form
With a compact design for solo shooters, for travel applications, and to serve as an ideal B cam, the Sony FX3 borrows from both the Cinema Line and Alpha series of cameras to create an optimized portable cinema camera. The FX3 features all the imaging attributes you'd expect from this class but sports a new lightweight, handheld form with a streamlined profile and a "cage-free" design offering the ability to secure various accessories directly to the camera body.
Firmware Update v.2.0
With firmware update 2.0, Sony aligns the FX3 more closely with its Cinema Line workflow. Updates include advanced log shooting choices, including Cine EI options, the ability to import user LUTs, timecode syncing via an optional cable, and an easier-to-operate camera interface.
When updating from v.1.01 or earlier:
- Note your chosen settings before updating since the process will initialize the camera and will be unable to read saved settings from v.1.01
- S-Log2 will no longer be included; you must use S-Log3
- Connecting to the Imaging Edge Mobile app has been made easier (see Smartphone Registration in the Help Guide); this requires updating the Mobile app to v. 7.7 or later and registering the camera as new.
- Note that the NFC one-touch connection function will no longer be available
Expressive UHD 4K Video Capture
4K Full-Frame CMOS Exmor R Sensor
Beautiful skin tone reproduction and a softer-toned look that complements your VENICE, FX9, or FX6 footage are created using the FX3's default S-Cinetone color setting. S-Log-3, S-Gamut3, S-Gamut3.Cine, and 10-bit 4:2:2 support help maintain rich gradation and color matching with the range of Sony Cinema Line cameras, while HLG HDR provides the option of direct HLG playback without the need for grading.
Ergonomic Form for Solo Operation
Easily Viewable Tally Lights
Quality Audio Options
Remote Control, Streaming, and Transfers
Post-Production Stabilization with E-Mount Lenses
- Sony's Catalyst Prepare/Browse software uses shake metadata to stabilize your image
- An adjustable balance between shake compensation and image area trimming lets you fine-tune the image
Improved FX3 Features
Common FX3/FX6/a7S III Features
Shared FX3/FX6 Attributes
Attributes that the FX3 has in common with the larger FX6 camera include:
- S-Cinetone, S-Log3, HLG, and Rec. 709 gamma options
- Tally lamps on the front, side, and rear
- An internal fan to prevent overheating
- A zoom lever for easy frame adjustments
Shared FX3/a7S III Attributes
- Dual-band 2.4/5 GHz wireless connectivity
- Wired LAN link using the USB Type-C port and a separate adapter